If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
What are are looking for
We are looking for a bright and motivated designer to act as our mobile application designer. The Mobile App Designer role is responsible for the creative expression of our brand, and helps us achieve our business objectives by creating experiences that are fresh, compelling, visually exciting, and easy to understand. You will work primarily with the Product team on our mobile application.
You are able to clearly communicate creative ideas to stakeholders and collaborate on ideation. You like to over-deliver on projects, you love a blank canvas and like to iterate until you find a good solution. Design is your passion, and you bring enthusiasm and positive energy to your projects. You work well with others, build on your team's ideas, and don’t mind doing some heavy lifting.
This position is excellent for someone who is earlier in their career. Experience with design in a mobile application is required with a passion for learning and growth. Experience with both UI and UX is strongly preferred.
- Eye for typography, color, and design hierarchy with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Figma prototyping experience, for using in high fidelity user tests and rapid low fidelity proof of concept
- Provide visual design direction and leadership to junior designers working with you.
- Contribute to our design systems & standards and push them forward.
- Work within an existing style and brand guidelines while also creating fresh and innovative designs.
- Drive data visualization and visual storytelling.
- Experience in user testing, design thinking, and systems thinking
- Partner with cross functional leads to create products that bring positive change to our member’s lives.
- Ensure on time and accurate delivery of all projects.
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain effective workflow and meet deadlines.
- Follow project from concept to final approval ensuring integrity of creative concept is kept in focus throughout.
- Work effectively with outside vendors such as photographers, agencies and printers when required.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the field of design and be familiar with the competitive landscape and industry marketing programs.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional design experience in graphic design; in-house experience preferred.
- Experience using Figma (or similar), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Jira, and other technologies used to design and track productivity .
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines at once.
- Can show a proven track record of design solutions that achieve successful outcomes in mobile and/or web products.
- Ability to self-start and tackle complex problems in fundamentally different ways.
- Bring curiosity and compassion to your work and those you work with.
- Be an advocate for the user and have the ability to make trade-offs with business objectives.
- A desire to push boundaries and innovate in a regulated industry for the greater good of our team and our users.
- Creative mindset, intellectually curious and interested in illuminating the company’s thinking in accessible, clever ways.
- Detail oriented and organized.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.