If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
What we’re looking for
Clair has an incredible opportunity for a passionate, driven and customer focused recruiter. As a member of the Talent Acquisition team, you will help drive the strategy for our fast growing team. You will partner with hiring managers to understand and their team's hiring needs, develop sourcing strategies, and build a robust pipeline of talent across a variety of departments. You will be responsible for providing a high touch, best in class candidate experience for both our internal and external customers. We are looking for creative people who have the ability to think outside the box and help explore alternatives to additional recruiting strategy including hosting hack-a-tons, lead campus recruiting activities, build out Co-Op programs, and explore new sourcing methods. Although your role will focus heavily on recruitment for technology, you will help support all departments across the organization as required.
This is a true utility player role- As the second member of the Human Resources team, you will assist the team with other activities including (but not limited to) employee on-boarding, new hire documentation, Talent acquisition tools & Technologies. This person will also be relied on to help build Clair brand including looking at our social media appeal and corporate/ university partnerships.
This will be a full remote position with some travel as needed.
- Ability to drive full life cycle recruiting process. Run position from the intake call and see through candidate experience from first phone call, to start date including offer, compensation negations, internal communications
- Ensure candidates have an excellent interview experience regardless of outcome
- Have the ability to source from various talent pools and the innovation to find and explore new sources of talent including meet ups, social medias platforms, and network channels.
- Partner with hiring teams with constant communication to ensure that changing needs are met
- Data driven mindset to look at metrics to understand different ways to increase efficiency and reduce labor intensive processes
- Constantly evolve process and messaging for efficiency and market relevance
- Ability to work cross functionally across a diversity of personalities with the ability to deal with passionate hiring managers during challenging searches.
- Have an insatiable appetite for learning. We want people to learn and grow everyday in this environment.
- Able to roll with the punches and solve problems. This is where your entrepreneurial spirit comes into play. We are growing and evolving with each passing minute and we need our team to grow and evolve with us.
- Be a brand ambassador. Build relationships across various departments and represent Clair to all internal and external clients- We want you to believe in our mission and shout it from the rooftops.
- Ability to take on special projects as required
- 4+ years of experience working in a full cycle recruiting role, ideally in a high growth early stage startup (recent in-house recruiting experience preferred)
- Ideally one year working on technical positions
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage a high volume of reqs and candidates
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade and advise hiring managers on recruiting best practices
- Experience using recruiting metrics to identify problems, provide insights, and drive decisions
- Ability to be flexible with changing business priorities and to work with a sense of urgency
- Comfort working in ambiguity and limited process
- Proficiency with Greenhouse ATS
- Bachelors degree required
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders across the organizations
- Quick Problem-solving skills combined with the ability to determine root causes
- Adaptable to Change
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.