If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
What we’re looking for
Clair is looking for a motivated Office Manager to provide day to day assistance to the executive team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate will be proactive with the ability to work with minimal guidance or supervision to execute administrative tasks across the organization as needed. This position will require a very flexible approach to balance on-going projects and documentation with the ability to transition to urgent needs from the executive team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others, excellent attention to detail, great time management, and the ability to juggle a number of time sensitive priorities. Although this position will primarily drive internal initiatives, it is important for this person to be able to represent Clair well with external partners (e.g. when scheduling meetings, greeting partners, answering calls, etc.).
- Manage the physical NYC office space, including access to building, relationship with landlord and service providers (internet, cleaning team)
- Develop and manage organizational assets including decks, Org. Polices & Procedures, Slack channels, Distribution lists, and group aliases
- Lead accounting reconciliation, managing relationships with external accountants
- Managing everyday operational issues/challenges at the direction of the leadership team
- Administratively support multiple leaders in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to be flexible, as needed to quickly accommodate changing priorities and deadlines
- Manage multiple calendars, flawlessly
- Plan and prepare information for meetings, presentations, interviews, etc.
- Prepare and file expense reports, including reconciling financial transactions
- Coordinate with teammates to ensure adequate coverage and support
- Take the initiative and jumping in/helping on new projects, as needed
- Post and share documents with entire organization through Guru or other as directed by department heads
- Assisting with bill payments and financial reports across the company
- Have a positive attitude and being a strong team player
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Coordination of meetings and events with external vendors and partners
- Be a resource for others around company policies and procedures
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high-level of tact and professionalism
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Priority on working smart, over always working hard with focus on big picture
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Hands on experience with Google Apps
- Passion for excellence and working in a team environment with a strong company culture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.