If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
As a Web Developer, you will work with other developers and stakeholders to bring our digital web user journeys to life. You’ll partner with a variety of teams — from marketing to design, UX, and our development team to ensure the website is technically sound, optimized, and successful in helping us achieve our goals and KPIs. You will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build seamless website experiences that drive user acquisition and retention at Clair.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and designers to produce wireframe mock-ups, architectures and flows. Then lead usability workshops to refine workflows, get buy in, and progress to implementation.
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content for existing websites.
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline development cycle and facilitate site documentation and maintenance
- Build and deployment strategies for multiple environments are a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, requirements gathering, sprint processes and ceremonies. Able to lead the group and help prioritize work
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time without sacrificing attention to detail
- Collaborate with and influence other developers leveraging your clear communication skills
- 3+ years experience working in a high-paced web development growth team
- You’re not a designer, but you know good web UX design and conversion best practices when you see them. You understand usability, responsive design, testing, and technical SEO
- Past experience and/or strong passion in building modern websites
- Influence cross team initiatives
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Experience having scaled websites to meet business requirements
- Proficiency in design applications including Figma
- Knowledge of Jira or other agile management tools
- Send us your application linked in this job description
- We'll review applications on a rolling basis
- We'll invite candidates for 3-4 rounds of interviews with the Clair team over Zoom.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.