If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 20-ish, spread across 7 states, hailing from 9 different countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
Over the last year and a half, we built our mobile app from the ground up with the help of an outsourced design team. Our users love our app's ease of use and clean, minimalist interface.
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to bring our Products to the next level. Our ideal candidate has experience designing mobile apps and can work in an agile manner across a small but fast-growing organization. Ideally, you are also a strategic design thinker, helping to define the company's visual identity and long-term design strategy. We will be particularly interested in candidates who have designed either fintech or human capital management products.
What will you do at Clair?
- Be the outspoken champion of design in the company, guiding design decision with the product team and at a strategic level with the company leadership
- Collaborate with our Product and Tech teams to identify customer-centered problems and translating those to user-centric experiences
- Create design guidelines that ensure consistency and familiarity for our users across their touchpoints with Clair
- Designing 0 → 1 solutions for our partner onboarding and mobile banking products, with an emphasis on visual design
- Prototyping rapidly to validate the need for proposed solutions
- Define Clair's long-term visual identity, helping us to use effective graphics and imagery to advance our brand's position in the mark
Does this describe you?
- Have a consistent track record of defining and executing new and ambiguous ideas
- Experience owning product design strategy from start to finish
- High degree of creativity, empathy, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Expertise in mobile app user experience design (information architecture, navigation design, interaction design, prototyping)
- Have strong visual design sense and good grasp of common patterns and interactions
- Interest in financial inclusion and in helping hourly workers become financially free
- 3+ years of professional experience as a UX/UI designer, preferably with fast-growing tech companies
- US work authorization
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Dog-friendly office (whenever we go back...)
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.