If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 20-ish, spread across 7 states, hailing from 9 different countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
We started Clair by finding HR tech companies to partner with in order to bring Clair to America's 82 million hourly workers. We've signed partnerships with workforce management and payroll apps that have over 1.5 million employees using them every day. However, we're just scratching the surface in terms of what it means to distribute financial products through HR and employment apps. We're now ready to bring Clair to our next audience — America's 57 million gig workers — before figuring out what comes next.
We're looking for a self-starting, energetic, experienced, and driven manager who can define and execute on Clair's go-to-market strategy. Our ideal candidate has prior B2B business development experience and traditional business skills, capable of doing everything from rallying teams across the company to enter new verticals to creating pricing models. In your first few weeks, you'll be defining Clair's strategy to penetrate the gig market, take calls with C-suite executives at gig platforms, and ultimately build a sales team to execute on your strategy moving forward.
Our ideal candidate has foundational business experience honed after spending time in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or a similar field, and has spent some time in a new business development role in a growth-stage B2B SaaS company. You should be able to manage complex, consultative sales processes with multiple stakeholders and ambiguous situations.
Your main responsibilities
- Build out and execute Clair's end-to-end go-to-market strategy for new verticals, starting with gig platforms
- Define the strategy, including identifying the addressable market, target partners, and sales pitches
- Start building a sales pipeline, including prospecting for leads, identifying decision-makers, booking and taking calls, and advancing deals all the way to close
- Shape the pricing and revenue share strategy to attract and retrain partners
- Support Clair's broader business development and growth team by building out other functions, including sales enablement, partner success, and growth operations
- Engage with Clair's product and integrations team to drive long-term company strategy
- 5+ years of professional experience, including at least 2 years of consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or other similar rigorous business experience
- MBAs or similar degrees are strongly preferred
- Prior business development experience in a B2B SaaS organization, preferably in new product development
- Prior experience managing employees or mentoring junior team members is preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Some domain knowledge in the gig economy is a plus
- US work authorization
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until May 15.
Candidates will be invited to 2-3 rounds of interviews with Clair's leadership team over Zoom and will be asked to complete a short business exercise.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Dog-friendly office (whenever we go back...)
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.