If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 20-ish, spread across 7 states, hailing from 9 different countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, high-performing, team-focused PHP developer who will join our growing Platform team to expand the capabilities and scalability of our next-generation digital bank. This is a transformational tour of duty.
As a key member of the Clair Platform team you will be building a world-class financial services platform that will serve the needs of thousands of hourly-paid consumers. You should be comfortable working within Agile technical teams and able to understand the principles behind API design, platform scalability, and developer experience, as well as being a great communicator. Someone with 3+ years of experience on a battle-tested, scaled platform team is ideal, on a B2B or fintech team is a big bonus.
What will you do at Clair?
- Manage and contribute to the core Clair Platform suite of services
- Assist your teammates in implementing new functionality and supporting existing services and integrations
- Share knowledge, pair program, and learn from other top performers
- Assist the support team with issue investigation to identify platform issues and provide a plan of action to resolve them
- Attend daily standups with the tech team, participate in planning meetings, and provide documentation as needed on specific elements
- Review teammates' code in pull requests using Github
- Deploy code to sandbox environment for QA teams
- Interacting with our deployment pipeline to troubleshoot code or infrastructure issues
- Actively practice TDD with every task, to be directly integrated into our CD pipeline
Does this describe you?
We're looking for experience with:
- In depth knowledge of web development, from the initial request to displaying the final result
- Concern for performance and scalability at all layers
- OO Design and design patterns; ability to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Ability to periodically travel to team headquarters in New York City for team meetings (post-pandemic)
Things we consider a plus:
- Senior level knowledge of the latest Laravel framework (currently 8.x; yes we keep our framework updated!)
- Knowledge of common Laravel packages
- Knowledge of Laravel ecosystem packages, such as Nova, Telescope, Forge, Vapor
- Knowledge of AWS Lamba hosting services
- Experience with Laravel testing tools
- Experience with Fintech products
- Scalable software and technologies that support it
- Common CI/CD practices & technologies, including ChipperCI & SentryIO
- Load and performance testing on existing systems
- Send us your application linked in this job description
- We'll review applications on a rolling basis
- We'll invite candidates for 3-4 rounds of interviews with the Clair team over Zoom.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Dog-friendly office (whenever we go back...)
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.