If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 20-ish, spread across 7 states, hailing from 9 different countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
Over the last year and a half, we built our mobile app and banking infrastructure from the ground up. Our users love our app, and we are excited to bring Clair to more workers!
We are looking for a well-rounded, team-focused React Native Engineer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code with 3+ years of experience in product teams.
You will play a pivotal role in architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining Clair's mobile app, a digital banking app built for hourly workers. We emphasize legible and succinct code, encourage proactive collaboration, and create opportunities for shared leadership. Bring your whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. Clair is dedicated to building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and is a certified Great Place to Work.
What will you do at Clair?
Working closely with the business and product teams to create the next generation digital bank. This includes:
- Working with the Product Team to create a seamless user experience
- Contributing with ideas on how to improve the user experience as well as the quality and speed of delivery
- Implementing smooth animations and creative loading strategies that provide the polish of an excellent user experience
- Integrating with RESTful APIs including some third-party APIs
- Estimating effort thoughtfully and balancing priorities effectively
Does this describe you?
We're looking for experience with:
- State management libraries such as Redux
- React Native using the Expo framework targeting both iOS and Android
- Researching issues and come up with solutions for edge cases
- Knowledge of camera, biometric and push notification functionality
- OAuth security
- Bug tracking and debugging experience
- Familiarity with Mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices
Things we consider a plus:
- Professional product management tools such as Jira
- DevOps experience using Travis CI or Jenkins
- Native iOS and/or Android development experience
- Git branch management and the Release Flow model
- Send us your application linked in this job description
- We'll review applications on a rolling basis
- We'll invite candidates for 3-4 rounds of interviews with the Clair team over Zoom.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Dog-friendly office (whenever we go back...)
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.