What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
What we are looking for
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer is one of the most important jobs at Civis Analytics. You will be responsible for supporting not only our CEO, but also overflow for other C-level executives as needed.
As an EA to the CEO in a growing technology company with offices in Chicago and D.C., you must be proactive in scheduling meetings for the CEO and ensuring that staff prepares necessary materials well in advance for his review. You will also be responsible for planning and booking travel as well as making last-minute changes that may occur outside of regular business hours. The EA is the face of the office of the CEO and is expected to act accordingly by serving as a top of the line customer service representative to internal and external stakeholders.
A strong candidate will be a jack/jill-of-all-trades, working on special projects as assigned. You’ll need to recognize the value of the CEO’s time and will be tasked with implementing systems to make processes more efficient. You’ll be handling tasks both large and small to keep the office running smoothly with little guidance and a lot of autonomy. You will also work closely with our Head of PR and Events for media requests and speaking engagements.
We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Partner with the CEO, Chief of Staff, and Civis leadership to make sure they are successful in reaching organizational goals
- Manage day-to-day schedules with an awareness of changing priorities; monitor CEO’s appointments and emails
- Communicate with clients, board members and other internal and external parties on behalf of the CEO as needed
- Prepare briefing notes for CEO’s meetings with prospects and clients
- Take detailed notes during meetings; delegate and follow up on action items accordingly; report on progress
- Assist with special projects as needed, including research to inform decision making
- Coordinate content and logistics for Civis All-Staff meetings and other full staff meetings
- Facilitate strong communication between the CEO and various Civis teams, representing leadership and maintaining trust and credibility with all Civis staff
- Maintain CEO’s external contacts; create and manage other internal filing and organizational systems
- Process expenses and provide general executive support, including some personal tasks
- Ensure the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience
- Experience supporting C-level leaders
- Self-starter; confident working independently with limited direction
- Outstanding communication, organizational and calendar management skills
- Proven record of handling confidential information with strong discretion
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong competency with all tools in Google Workspace and MS Office
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.