What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
"Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles."
About the Role
As Senior Financial Analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to advise management on the financial condition of the company and ensure that we make sound, data-driven financial decisions. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and serve as a trusted business partner to leadership and key stakeholders throughout the company (including product, sales & marketing, and operations).
- Analyze the company’s financial performance and present findings and recommendations to management
- Prepare annual and monthly budgets, forecasts, and financial models
- Prepare financial reporting packages for investors and Board of Directors
- Create and track financial and operational performance metrics
- Analyze and track pricing and economics of our products and services
- Evaluate new investments and expense requests, and manage key vendor relationships
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis on a wide range of internal business matters
- Support fundraising and financing-related activities, including market sizing and competitor analysis
- Manage, mentor, and develop a Finance and Business Analyst, and foster an engaging team environment
- Degree in finance or accounting, and 4+ years of experience in a relevant field, such as finance, consulting, or entrepreneurship
- Expertise in Google and Microsoft Office suites – particularly spreadsheets and slides
- Experience working in Salesforce and NetSuite (or similar accounting system)
- Experience working with data visualization tools (such as Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio) is a plus
- Ability to manage financial data in a confidential and professional manner
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- An appetite for problem-solving, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to help out your colleagues
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.