What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a Solution Architect who will help to design and deliver data science solutions to Civis clients as part of the sales and implementation process.
The Solution Architecture team implements, configures and manages the delivery of Civis Analytics’ data science software to ensure successful user adoption and high organizational impact. They also support software sales by scoping complex deliveries, leading demos, and POCs as a part of ‘team sport’ sales business development efforts.
The Solution Architect works closely with cross-functional teams across the company - including Applied Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Sales - to optimize client outcomes from software delivery. The Solutions Architect reports to the Solution Architect Lead.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate Civis’s data science solutions to prospects
- Gather the client’s technical and business requirements and partner with sales team members to design and propose solutions
- Guide prospective clients through technical evaluations of our Civis solutions
- Complete implementations of our Civis Platform and partner with Client Success to ensure successful handoff
- Onboard new clients to Civis software through training, support, and guidance
- Define new solutions based on Civis’s past client experiences and helping to bring those solutions to market in a repeatable fashion
- Support the Solution Architect Lead by mentoring junior team members within their practice
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years of implementation, solution architect, or similar project management experience
- Prior experience scoping solutions and providing product demonstrations
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a range of non-technical business users as well as client technical stakeholders
- Appropriate understanding of technical concepts and when to pull in technical experts
- Proven track record of driving projects to successful completion, on time and on budget.
- US work authorization required
- Flexibility with working hours due to client in various time zones and the potential for travel of up to 15% when it is safe to do so
- Expertise in a solution set that Civis offers
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, ETL workflows, and data solutions.
- Knowledge of Python or R - can troubleshoot and/or make customizations to existing code written by others
- Knowledge of data science concepts
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.