What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
About the Role
The Lead, Talent Acquisition will provide leadership for the overall strategy, execution, measurement and talent programs functions for Civis Analytics. This leader will be responsible for day to day leadership and long term vision of the team, building and improving on operational recruitment processes and development of the employment brand and building talent pipelines to attract and select top talent for Civis. Reporting to the VP, People Operations, this person will lead a team of seasoned recruiters.
- Leadership over the Talent Acquisition function
- Responsible for the ongoing strategy and development of the employment brand in partnership with key cross functional partners
- Develop and implement reporting and key metrics to be communicated throughout Civis
- Lead the development of talent pipelines and programs (university, military and diversity) to ensure the growth of talent pools to support the needs of the business
- Develops talent strategies to identify, attract, and recruit top talent through a variety of avenues, using industry best practices on a routine basis
- Lead and drive operational efficiencies to ensure a strong end to end recruiting process
- Lead the development and integration of new recruitment strategies towards Civis’ diversity goals.
- Proactively researches, evaluates and manages new sourcing and research ideas and methods to create innovative sourcing strategies
- Develops influential relationships with the client groups, ensuring that recruitment is integrated into the business unit
- Partners with HR and cross functional leadership to drive talent planning strategies in each function
- Drives operational excellence and compliance and sets high recruitment standards
- Manages and maintains diversity strategy and attracts a diverse workforce to the company
- 8+ years of experience in corporate recruiting, preferably at a technology or services company
- 2+ years of team management
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking with the ability to create multiple year plans
- Proficient in applicant tracking systems, google suite
- Proven leader and mentor
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Passionate about innovative ways to find exceptional talent
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.