What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
As our Marketing Coordinator, you will have a broad range of responsibilities across marketing, including implementing our social media strategy, researching messages and channels for growth, working with external parties to organize events, and executing campaigns. This role gives the right candidate a unique opportunity to quickly gain experience in a fast-paced, team environment, and be part of a company that is having a positive impact by helping government and nonprofit groups use data for good.
The successful candidate for this role is a self-starter, learns quickly, and is good at experimenting - making small investments, measuring their impact, and pivoting based on data. We also need someone who is above-average at time management, because the varied projects that you’ll be working on will require clear communications and proactive expectation setting. We have ambitious goals for Marketing, and we need someone energetic, with strong organizational skills, to be part of the team and support all aspects of our growth.
- Implement our social media strategy, including the production and publication of content, and measurement of the impact; grow our social media presence and make it an effective promotion channel for us
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities with the audiences we care about most, and support the team in building campaigns for them
- Manage our events calendar, and coordinate with organizers to ensure our participation is a success
- Collect and report on specific metrics on behalf of the team, providing awareness and support in ensuring we’re meeting expected goals
- Support the marketing team by coordinating special projects from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing / Communications and 1 year of relevant work experience or 2-4 years related experience
- The curiosity and drive to see projects through to completion, combined with the willingness to ask for help and communicate when things aren’t going well
- Attention to detail, with an understanding of the return on perfection - which projects and deliverables need perfection and how to get there
- The desire to work at a startup that is fast paced and agile, where things can change quickly, but there is a huge opportunity to have an impact on the business
- Excitement for an environment that offers a diversity of projects, but demands clear prioritization, communication, and multi-tasking
- US work authorization
- Experience marketing to or working with social good/cause-related campaigns and/or government agencies
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Creativity is a big asset - we’re a small, but ambitious team, and we use creativity as a tool for having out-sized impact
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.