What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
Our commercial team is looking for a Director, Commercial Software Sales to lead the acquisition of new customers and growth of our platform for the Commercial Sector. You will work closely with the Applied Data Science team, engineers and product managers to identify client problems, help create and sell the right solutions using Civis’ core capabilities, and identify market signal for where we could be doing things differently.
You will be the face of Civis Analytics to the market and our clients, responsible for their ultimate success with our solutions. You will source new logos, build and drive relationships with key client stakeholders, and help identify growth opportunities in existing accounts, especially in the acquisition and utilization of Civis’ platform.
You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- 8+ years of successful selling experience, ideally building a sales team from the ground up at a SaaS company.
- 4+ year track record of selling data analytics, business intelligence, or technical consulting services preferred
- Experience selling software and services to commercial clients and managing and training junior sellers to be successful on their own.
- Knowledge of media and ad buying landscape including common audience technologies, buying approaches, and campaign measurement frameworks
- Strong understanding and passion for data science, and the use of predictive analytics with B2C companies
- Proven ability to write proposals, build cost and pricing estimates of proposed work, and sell the work to new or existing clients
- Experience presenting completed work or pitching new work to executive audiences
- Experience in a startup, or fast-paced professional services firm
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist the organization in its continued growth
- Ability to travel (up to 50% as business needs dictate)
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- US work authorization
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.