What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of relationship management and customer success planning. In addition, you will strategically partner with Civis’ clients to understand the client’s business initiatives and challenges with the goal of enabling clients to derive value through the use of Civis’ customer analytics and data science software and solutions.
You will assist in the implementation of solutions and manage all post-sales contact with clients in order to facilitate a positive and proactive long-term relationship and ensure customer loyalty, retention, and growth.
The role requires an energetic person who is passionate about helping clients and solving problems, while also having the project management and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Multi-project management, while relying heavily on data analysis to identify insights that can be acted on in-market and shared across the organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned accounts by keeping clients informed of solution direction and by maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Ensure all software and services outlined in the Statement of Work are delivered post-sale
- Establish timelines, educate and assist clients on implementation and roll out of account success metrics
- Act as the single point of contact for clients, responsible for/owning troubleshooting and client support
- Proactively engage clients on a regular basis to drive adoption and utilization of the Civs platform and solutions
- Perform live demonstrations of the tool and educate clients on the latest product releases and solution applications
- Partner closely with Sales and Client Success to ensure high client satisfaction and identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Support communication management across multiple stakeholders including: project planning, timeline management and meeting facilitation
- Help the company reach its goals by contributing new ideas and sharing knowledge across the team
- 2-5 years experience in Sales, Account Management or Customer Success
- Familiarity with data science, analytics, and approaches to media measurement
- Highly organized self-starter who is able to prioritize in a high-demand, fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills are required
- Proven comfort with ambiguity and a process that iterates often
- Previous professional services work experience in either agency account management or consulting
- US work authorization
- Technical project management and agile software skills; experience using JIRA a plus
- Experience with analyzing large data sets, preferably with SQL and/or R
- Knowledge and experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Previous partnership experience with technical teams- engineering or product management, preferably
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.