What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
As our Senior Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for developing and managing our visual identity, and building best-in-class visual creative for a wide range of brand touch-points and campaigns, including web pages, sales and marketing material, digital ads, and social content. You will work closely with our web, content, and product marketing leads to ensure our brand is clear, consistent, and creative, across all channels.
We are a dynamic, growing marketing team and company, looking for someone to apply their design expertise and creative eye to improve our visual communication, and help take our marketing to the next level.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to be part of a growing startup, and in a role that has an over-sized impact, but also wants to be part of something bigger, in a company with a mission to do good. Come help us tell the story of how cutting edge data science is being used to address some of the world’s most pressing issues with some of the most progressive social causes.
- Execute design projects from ideation to implementation
- Balance a diverse and start-up-pace portfolio of design projects, from web pages to sales collateral to event signage
- Present your work to the team and other stakeholders around the company, balancing your experience and a thoughtful POV with an appetite for feedback and iteration
- Implement a consistent and cohesive brand identity across all channels, helping the team and company maintain the highest brand standards
- Develop and communicate brand design principles and guidelines for use within the company and with partners
- Collaborate closely with other leaders on the marketing team to build insightful creative that enhances overall messaging, and iterate with them as a team
- Manage the design workflow and process for the team, including your personal priorities, schedule, and deadlines, while communicating it effectively to stakeholders
- Foster a design culture that thrives off of trust, curiosity, continuous learning, and measured experimentation
- 6+ years of graphic design experience, especially highlighting web design
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
- US work authorization
- Experience in a startup, where quickly capitalizing on opportunities is valuable, and ownership is a super-power
- Above average time management skills (the right candidate for this role will thrive in an environment that offers a diversity of projects, but demands constant reprioritization and multi-tasking)
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.