What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates for this role are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future.
What we are looking for
As our Senior Demand Gen Lead, you will be responsible for driving new qualified leads to Civis, utilizing a multi-channel, B2B strategy. You will devise, manage, and measure campaigns across all relevant channels, including email, social, web, and paid search. You will work with sales on the qualification process and criteria for leads, and you will have the mandate to be creative and experiment to find the best channels, messages, and content to attract those targeted leads to our product.
We are a data-driven team and company, and as such, this role demands someone who can holistically own the measurement and optimization of our top of funnel metrics and attribution processes. We expect visibility throughout the full funnel, to see not just where our best leads are coming from (using a multi-touch attribution model), but the full impact of marketing’s activities and campaigns on the pipeline and ultimately on customer success.
We need a marketer who is focused on the pipeline and revenue, and has seasoned skills in inbound and outbound marketing. The successful candidate will work closely with the full marketing team, including leads in product marketing, content, web, and communications to support the team’s success. We have ambitious goals for Marketing, and we need someone energetic and experienced, with strong communication and organizational skills, to manage our demand gen growth.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and report on our demand gen campaigns, across all channels.
- Lead the marketing team in exceeding our overall lead generation and pipeline influence goals.
- Experiment and iterate quickly through daily and weekly goals focused on specific campaigns and channels.
- Ensure a smooth, well-qualified hand-off of all leads to sales, and stay engaged enough past hand-off to learn what differentiates good leads from great leads, and continuously optimize the campaigns with that information.
- Define and refine (with sales) our lead and customer segmentation and scoring to determine appropriate outreach strategies.
- Work closely with leads in product marketing, content, and design, to create effective content and messaging to ensure our campaigns drive attention, inform, and convert targets to leads.
- Work with our marketing ops lead to ensure Salesforce is complete, up to date, and clear, with all relevant information about campaigns and their results.
- We will (over time) also use the Civis Platform for communicating marketing results, so we need someone who is open to trying new platforms and learning new strategies.
- 7-9+ years of digital marketing experience, focused on demand and lead gen
- Experience in a startup, where quickly capitalizing on opportunities is valuable, and ownership is a super-power
- Experience with engagement and automation platforms for managing effective multi-channel, multi-stage marketing campaigns (Groove, SalesLoft, etc.)
- Experience implementing ABM as an outbound campaign strategy, including the process and tools needed to make it a success
- Above average time management skills (The right candidate for this role will thrive in an environment that offers a diversity of projects, but demands constant reprioritization and mult-tasking)
- Experience working with intent data is a plus, we will likely want to use it in the future
- Experience targeting personas with use case-specific messaging and content
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of demand gen efforts at each stage of the funnel, and connecting the quantity and quality metrics together to measure overall success
- A curious, data-driven mindset, looking to metrics to make day-to-day campaign decisions, inform broader strategy, and measure success
- Expert experience with CRM and marketing automation software. (We use Salesforce and Pardot)
- US work authorization
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.