What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates for this role are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future.
What we are looking for
As our Senior Web Lead you will be responsible for all aspects of the Civis Analytics website and web presence, working across the Marketing team to drive targeted visitors to become contacts. You will own the web platform and ensure it’s efficient operation, you will work with design, content, and product marketing to effectively tell our story and maintain clear structure on our site, and you will attract targeted traffic to the content, including implementing a robust SEO strategy.
Underlying all of this, you will own and manage our holistic web measurement and optimization plan. You will ensure the right traffic is getting to the right pages, the user experience on those pages is effective, and users convert to contacts at the right point in their journey. We need someone who wakes up every morning focused on the data, moves quickly to keep the site fresh and telling our story with the latest customers and use cases, and is motivated to experiment.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the website and it’s success, and will work well as a member of the Marketing leadership team, supporting the goals and projects of the full team. We have ambitious goals for Marketing, and we need someone energetic and experienced, with strong communication and organizational skills, to manage our web growth.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade our website (we currently use WordPress, but we want to do some analysis and consider alternatives that may help us more efficiently create and refresh our web content)
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues
- Create great website content (You will be part of a team, including our product marketing manager, designer, and content manager to create the copy, design, and implement our site content)
- Measure, monitor, and improve the overall user experience of the website
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant, duplicate, or under-performing content
- Lead the team in implementing strategies to grow visitors to the site, getting them to the pages we want them to reach in their journey, and ultimately converting them to contacts
- Implement a robust SEO and SEM strategy that effectively drives awareness around targeted search terms and use cases, and ultimately increases targeted visitors
- Collaborate with marketing leadership and company management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practice and monitor competitor websites
- 7-9+ years of work experience as a Website Manager or Web Lead, successfully managing and developing a website
- Experience in a startup, where quickly capitalizing on opportunities is valuable, and ownership is a super-power
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve website issues in a fast-paced environment
- A curious, data-driven mindset, looking to metrics to inform strategy, and to measure success
- Above average time management skills (The right candidate for this role will thrive in an environment that offers a diversity of projects, but demands constant reprioritization and mult-tasking)
- First-hand experience with web analytics and optimization tools (including Google Analytics) for running the site and reporting success
- Experience having built, implemented, and optimized an SEO strategy
- Excellent communication, team, and leadership skills. (This role will lead contracting resources as needed for now)
- Ownership over processes and programs that will be utilized by the entire company - requires effective, quick, clear communication, and the ability to translate asks to real needs
- US work authorization
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.