What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a Solution Architect Lead who will design and deliver data science solutions to Civis clients as part of the sales process. You will also be responsible for mentoring and directly supervising a team of Solution Architects for career growth.
The Solution Architecture team implements, configures and manages the delivery of Civis Analytics’ data science software to ensure successful user adoption and high organizational impact. They also support software sales, leading demos, POCs, and scoping complex software deliveries as a part of ‘team sport’ sales business development efforts.
The Solution Architect Lead works closely with cross-functional teams across the company - including Applied Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Sales - to optimize client outcomes from software delivery. The Solutions Architect Team Lead reports to the Director of Client Success.
In this role, you will:
- Directly supervise and mentor Solution Architects within your designated sector
- Providing coaching, guidance to position the team for success and career growth
- Hiring and onboarding within the growing team
- Demonstrate Civis’s data science solutions to prospects through product demos
- Gather the client’s technical and business requirements and partner with sales team to design and propose solutions to meet client requirements
- Guide prospective clients through technical evaluations of Civis solutions
- Scope implementations of Civis solutions and partner with Technical Delivery Managers to ensure successful handoff
- Define new solutions based on Civis’s past client experiences and help bring those solutions to market in a repeatable, scalable fashion
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6-8 years experience in either software sales engineering or implementation fields
- Expertise in a particular vertical (i.e. Healthcare, Finance) or solution set that Civis offers
- Experience working with data beyond Excel/spreadsheets
- Ability to manage cross-functional project and deal teams
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop team members, including providing career development planning and growth opportunities
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as technical client stakeholders
- Appropriate understanding of technical concepts and understanding of when to pull in technical experts
- Proven track record of driving projects to successful completion, on time and on budget
- US work authorization required
- Flexibility with working hours and travel; this role requires travel of up to 30% when it is safe to do so
- Experience with SQL, ETL workflows, and data solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of Python or R - can troubleshoot and/or make customizations to existing code written by others
- Knowledge of data science concepts
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.