What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
About our team:
The Finance, Accounting, and Revenue Operations team (affectionately called Team Money), is a part of the larger Operations team at Civis. The Operations team also includes our People Operations and Legal teams. As an Operations team, our core values include respect, humanity, ownership, and humility. We strive to bring these values to work every day, with the aim of making Civis a great place to work for everyone.
What we are looking for:
- As a member of the finance team, you’ll support the preparation of and analysis of financial reporting materials to be shared with leadership and investors. You will also help support decision making with ad hoc financial reporting and analysis on a wide range of business and financial matters including product economics, business metric development, and long-term planning. You will work closely with our Revenue Operations, Accounting, and Marketing teams and have frequent executive visibility.
- We’re looking for someone with a knack for finance and an appetite for problem solving. A can-do attitude and willingness to help out your colleagues will be important for success in this role.
- Lead elements of financial data creation and maintain financial systems data integrity
- Support accounting with month end close activities
- Analyze past and current financial and operational data for trends and performance indicators
- Develop a strong understanding of existing systems and processes
- Actively contribute to process improvement and reporting enhancement initiatives
- Learn the ins and outs of the business in order to support various internal stakeholders and put analysis into context of the whole business
- 2+ years work experience
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related experience in a relevant field, such as financial planning & analysis, financial services, accounting, consulting, or tech industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft or Google suite, in particular with spreadsheets and decks
- Experience working in Netsuite, Google suite, and Salesforce is a plus
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.