What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to maintain and build out a scalable internal IT program. At Civis, IT enables the productivity of our employees by ensuring they have the tools needed to perform their roles effectively and securely. IT administers hardware and software to employees, oversees IT office equipment in both of our Chicago and DC offices, enforces our data security policy, stays informed of new IT system-related security threats, and other day-to-day IT-related issues. The IT Manager will be responsible for managing internal IT support to all Civis employees and ensuring that their technology, and our office technology infrastructure functions efficiently and effectively. This position will be a part of our Chicago-based technology team. This is a hands-on management role in which you will tackle some tasks directly, while balancing team workload, engagement with other departments, and routine managerial duties. This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in IT with at least 1 year in a lead or supervisor role
- Expertise managing MacBooks using mobile device management software like Jamf Pro
- Experience providing oversight and operational management for critical IT tools such as Okta, GSuite, Github, Slack, Code42, JIRA, Confluence
- Proficient with a scripting language such as Python or Bash
- Desire to mentor and develop IT team members
- Proven ability to maintain, review, and improve IT operational processes
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current, relevant, and effective
- Effectively negotiate and maintain vendor relationships and contracts
- Ability to train and support employees, and communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Experience using a version control system such as Git
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Travis CI, or Docker Hub automated builds
- Familiarity with compliance and audit standards (e.g., SOC2, FedRAMP, etc)
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401(k) match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.