What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
Civis is looking for a highly motivated information security compliance specialist to join our legal, compliance, and security team to assist with numerous security compliance initiatives. In this role, you will work on the cutting edge of the information age, tackle complex compliance issues, and help shape compliance strategy for a fast-growing company at the intersection of technology and data science. This position reports to our Information Security Compliance Senior Analyst and is located in our Chicago headquarters.
- Assist with the creation, enforcement and training of employees on information security policies and related SOPs
- Collaborate on the Authorization and management of proper access to internal company resources
- Review and complete vendor and client IT audit questionnaires
- Provide needed support to facilitate internal reviews of information security and coordinate 3rd party assessments
- Assist in annual audits, including risk and compliance of our technical and client facing teams throughout the company
- Aid in the recommendation and coordination of information security related activities with our software teams
- Support efforts to perform root cause analysis for information security related issues and related actions
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a technology company or an organization in a regulated industry
- High integrity, highly-organized, and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and sound all-around judgment
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who thrives when trusted with the autonomy to identify areas in which you can add value and to develop and execute plans for improving such areas
- Growth-minded, welcomes mentorship and constructive feedback, and has a constant desire to improve both personally and professionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal teams and external clients
- Experience creating, documenting, and implementing internal processes and procedures
- Experience with information security: federal computing standards, auditing, and pen testing
- Knowledge of information security compliance and regulatory frameworks such as FedRAMP, ISO, SOC, NIST, GDPR, HIPAA
- Knowledge of network and application architectures specifically around information security
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems, firewalls, log analysis tools, vulnerability scanning
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- Modern office, conveniently located in the Loop. Close to public transportation, great restaurants and beautiful city views.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.