What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
Do you have a passion for automation, building high performance technology, and sweating the details? Civis Analytics is looking for a DevOps Engineer II to join our team!
At Civis Analytics, we're building a data science platform, making cutting-edge machine learning and predictive modeling techniques available to a broad audience. The DevOps team delivers, maintains, and evolves the infrastructure that makes all of this possible. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be a key player, helping us create scalable infrastructure-as-code using cutting edge tools. You should have networking and security experience, be familiar with cloud infrastructure, and DevOps best practices.
- 1+ years of experience as a Software or DevOps Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with either AWS or GCP services such as compute, databases, VPCs, networking, permissioning and storage
- Familiarity with automation tools and configuration-as-code (CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, etc.)
- Comfortable with Python, Perl and/or Bash scripting
- Interest and ability to master new technologies
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery services
- Experience with containerized code deployment
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols
- Experience with security, systems, or application monitoring and metrics
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.