What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
About the Role
We are looking for people who are excited about helping nonprofits become more analytically mature, innovative and efficient. Civis has significantly expanded our non-profit business in the past year, with clients across the country engaged in various issues and sectors of nonprofit work, from small issue advocacy all the way to multinational NGOs. To build on that success and scale our business, we are looking for an experienced technology sales lead with a passion for bringing value to nonprofits, an understanding of selling within various organizational structures, and an understanding of the emerging technology needs of nonprofit. This is a great opportunity for someone who not only knows the ins and outs of non-profit space, but who can help Civis leadership strategically determine the right territories in which to make key strategic investments.
- Work with management to define, and then execute on sales strategies by product and/or geographic territory
- Understand target customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Work closely with technical teams to scope solutions to customer needs, to include developing presentations, white papers, and RFP responses
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the procurement structures, key contract vehicles, potential partners, and major competitors in target markets
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist the organization in growing existing business
- Maintain a deep understanding of the civic technology space, and how Civis solutions meet the unique needs of our nonprofit customers
- Identify market changes or new opportunities to and present these opportunities to the Civis executive and product teams
- Represent Civis at non-profit events and conferences
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A strong understanding of the civic technology space, ideally through direct experience with nonprofit organizations
- An ability to interpret and navigate decision making structures in nonprofit organizations
- Strong understanding of and interest in the use of data analytics to improve nonprofit operations
- Effective account and time management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel up to 40%
- Passionate about Data and Nonprofit fundraising
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.