What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
Our commercial team is looking for a Sr. Business Development Manager to support the acquisition of new customers and growth of our existing accounts. You will work closely with Applied Data Science team, engineers and product managers to identify client problems, help create and sell the right solutions using Civis’ core capabilities, and identify market signal for where we could be doing things differently.
You will be the face of Civis Analytics to the market and our clients, responsible for their ultimate success with our solutions. You will source new logos, build and drive relationships with key client stakeholders, and help identify growth opportunities in existing accounts .
You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to relocating to one of our offices in the future, but other locations may be negotiable.
- 5+ years of successful selling experience
- 2+ year track record of selling data analytics, business intelligence, or technical consulting services preferred
- Expertise within specific industry vertical(s)
- Strong understanding and passion for data science, and the use of predictive analytics with B2C companies
- Experience with marketing analytics a plus
- Proven ability to write proposals, build cost and pricing estimates of proposed work, and sell the work to new or existing clients
- Experience presenting completed work or pitching new work to executive audiences
- Proven ability to marshal internal resources, as appropriate, to enable client success
- Experience in a startup, or fast-paced professional services firm
- Ability to travel (up to 50% as business needs dictate)
- US work authorization
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.