What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
Civis is seeking a Security Analyst who will support a corporate security team by actively monitoring, collecting and processing “all-source” information. They will identify unusual, criminal or threatening activity or conditions, and disseminate refined information to corporate security and first responders to mitigate risk and coordinate an effective emergency response. They will also assist in responding to and recovering from crisis and non-crisis events.
**This is a temporary, full-time, salaried position with benefits slated to end Dec. 31, 2020. There is a possibility of extension to a permanent position based on business needs and candidate performance.**
- Participate in developing strategic security plan, evaluate/review existing infrastructure security configuration, and plan recommendations for future enhancements/solutions
- Conduct network inventory and security assessments and risk analysis
- Perform both internal and external security audits
- Analyze security breaches to identify the root cause
- Read, understand, and recommend solutions based on the results of internal and external audits
- Verify the security of third-party vendors and collaborate with them to meet security requirements
- Use network monitoring tools and security incident event monitoring to carefully examine network traffic and to identify both external and internal threats to ensure security specifications meet the client’s infrastructure guidelines
- Work closely with the IT team in designing and implementing a multi-layer security strategy
- Participate in the execution of disaster recovery testing
- Provide security insights to developers to build security metrics into our products
- Research and design short and long term changes and enhancements to the infrastructure. Ensure the network and systems dependent upon the communications infrastructure operate efficiently and effectively
- Review access/security logs and reports findings and provide recommendations to the Director of Cybersecurity
- Works with various stakeholders and assists in the development and maintenance of the access control matrices as they apply to various applications
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Kali linux
- Experience with security software
- Experience performing penetration tests
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.