What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
We are building a SaaS platform where executives, marketers, and data scientists work side-by-side to make customer decisions with data.
As the Vice President of Product, you will:
- Develop a clear product vision and strategy that aligns with company objectives
- Lead the product team to develop quarterly roadmaps that deliver incremental results in pursuit of the long-term vision
- Manage, mentor, and develop the individual contributors on the Product & Design teams, guiding junior members of the team based on past experiences while also fostering an inclusive culture on the team
- Partner with senior leadership and key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Unify and defend a robust roadmapping process with a clear mechanism; more importantly, facilitate prioritization and manage stakeholder expectations
- Evangelize a data-driven product development culture, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Understand the competitive landscape for data analytics and data science products and validate market opportunities
- Foster collaboration across tech, sales and marketing to drive product launches, working collaboratively to ensure our public messaging aligns with the product strategy
- Demonstrated track record of creating inventive and unique, enterprise-level B2B software products that have achieved commercial success
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships (up and down) with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders, to ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills, clear and concise communication, and the ability to target your message to specific audiences
- Demonstrated ability to hire and develop a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team
- Ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deliver results; you have shipped products that scale and measured the success of these products
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example; you do not delegate what you would not do yourself and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves up to get a project over the line
- US work authorization required
- Extensive product design experience, including UI/UX work and/or user research
- 10+ years of product management experience
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.