What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
**This is a temporary, full-time, salaried position with benefits slated to end Dec. 31, 2020. There is a possibility of extension if the business requires it.**
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to relocating to one of our offices in the future, but other locations may be negotiable.
What we are looking for
As a Research Analyst on Civis’ Client Services division, you’ll work with some of the world’s most recognized brands and organizations, helping them solve their biggest challenges with research at scale. Our work includes observational studies, field and digital experiments and measurement, custom audience recruitment, and international research.
Responsibilities of a Research Analyst include:
- Partnering with client and Civis account teams (including Research Managers and Applied Data Science Leads) in research definition, questionnaire design, launch management, and downstream analyses and insights for survey research intensive accounts
- This includes developing an understanding of our clients’ business issues and the industries in which they operate.
- Ensuring project execution and deliverables meet client requirements
- Acting as point-of-contact for client research partners for instrument or research block development
- Programming, launching, and weighting surveys; creating and QCing data outputs (e.g. crosstab reports, topline reports, and memos)
- Providing oversight on end-to-end research project execution (e.g. perform quality checks throughout research stages to ensure accuracy and quality)
- Consulting on project feasibility and cost estimation, using Civis internal survey tools and infrastructure
- Assisting Civis Applied Data Scientists and Research Managers in interpreting and analyzing survey results and preparing reports and presentations
- Working with members of Civis Social Science R&D team to conduct methodological research and push these innovations into our clients and internal users’ hands
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or quantitative fields (e.g. political science, sociology, psychology, economics, marketing, mathematics, statistics, or similar business or liberal arts programs)
- 1+ years experience in client services and/or quantitative research and analysis
- Experience with survey questionnaire design, sampling approaches and quotas, and/or survey research outputs (e.g. raw data, topline reports, cross-tabulation tools, etc.)
- Experience working with survey applications (e.g. Qualtrics, Google Consumer Surveys, etc.)
- Excellent task management skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity in managing up and around
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills
- Experience in brand health tracking, marketing evaluation experience, and/or polling and research a plus
- Experience with data analysis and data management a plus (e.g., SPSS, SQL, R, Python)
- Background and/or familiarity with quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies a plus
- Practical understanding of statistical methods, causal inference a plus
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.