What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
As a Research Manager on Civis’ Client Services division, you’ll work with some of the world’s most recognized brands and organizations, helping them solve their biggest challenges with research at scale. Our work includes observational studies, field and digital experiments and measurement, custom audience recruitment, and international research.
**This is a temporary, full-time, salaried position with benefits that may end after the political cycle on Dec. 1, 2020. There is a possibility of extension if the business requires it.**
Responsibilities of a Research Manager include:
- Partnering with client and Civis account teams in research definition, questionnaire design, launch management, and downstream analyses and insights for survey research intensive accounts
- This includes developing an understanding of our clients’ business issues and the industries in which they operate.
- Managing overall or week-to-week project timelines and budgets, ensuring that milestones are met at various stages of project execution
- Act as point-of-contact for client research partners for instrument or research block development
- Providing oversight on end-to-end research project execution (e.g. perform quality checks throughout research stages to ensure accuracy and quality)
- Consulting on project feasibility and cost estimation, using Civis internal survey tools and infrastructure
- Assisting Civis Applied Data Scientists in interpreting and analyzing survey results and preparing reports and presentations
- Working with members of Civis Social Science R&D team to conduct methodological research and push these innovations into our clients and internal users’ hands
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or quantitative fields (e.g. political science, sociology, psychology, economics, marketing, statistics, or similar business or liberal arts programs)
- 2-4+ years experience in client services and/or quantitative research
- Experience with survey questionnaire design, sampling approaches and quotas, and/or survey research outputs (e.g. raw data, topline reports, cross-tabulation tools, etc.)
- Experience working with political polling data
- Experience working with survey applications (e.g. Qualtrics, Google Consumer Surveys, etc.)
- Excellent task and project management skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity in managing up and around
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills
- Experience with data analysis and data management a plus (e.g., SPSS, SQL, R)
- Background and/or familiarity with quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies a plus
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMP) a plus
- Brand health tracking and/or marketing evaluation experience a plus
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- Modern office, conveniently located in the Loop. Close to public transportation, great restaurants and beautiful city views.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.