What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of relationship management and customer success planning. In addition, you will strategically partner with Civis’ clients to understand the client’s business initiatives and challenges with the goal of enabling clients to derive value through the use of Civis’ customer analytics and data science software and solutions.
You will assist in the implementation of solutions and manage all post-sales contact with clients in order to facilitate a positive and proactive long-term relationship and ensure customer loyalty, retention, and growth.
The successful candidate will largely work independently but will be directly supported by the Sales, Marketing, Client Success, and Applied Data Science teams. The role requires an energetic person who is passionate about helping clients and solving problems, while also having the project management and organizational skills to effectively manage dozens of clients simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned accounts by keeping clients informed of solution direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Ensure all software and services outlined in the Statement of Work are delivered post-sale
- Establish timelines, educate and assist clients on implementation and roll out of account
- Single point of contact for clients responsible for troubleshooting and client support
- Pro-actively engage clients on a regular basis to drive adoption and utilization of the Civs platform and solutions
- Perform live demonstrations of the platform and educate clients on the latest product releases and solution applications
- Partner closely with Sales and Client Success to ensure high client satisfaction and identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Use Salesforce CRM tool on a daily basis to manage customer account information, ensuring accurate status of relationship and strength of the client relationship.
- Drive a high Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Multi-project management, with heavy use of analyzing data and reports to identify new innovative ideas to support customers and boost brand awareness
- Help the company reach its goals by contributing new ideas and sharing knowledge across the team.
- 2-5 years experience in Sales, Account Management or Customer Success
- Knowledge and experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Highly organized self-starter who is able to prioritize in a high-demand environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills are required
- Very comfortable conducting business over the phone
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a developing process
- Experience or familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM systems
- Familiarity with SQL and/or R is a plus
- Experience and familiarity with analytics and its applications within organizations
- US work authorization
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.