What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
We are building an out-of-the-box SaaS platform where executives, marketers, and data scientists work side-by-side to make customer decisions with data.
- Develop a clear product vision, strategy, and quarterly roadmap themes that work back from user problems and weigh business and user experience tradeoffs
- Partner with senior leadership and key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Evangelize a data-driven product development culture, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Be a strong voice for your team, managing expectations with stakeholders across the company and proactively communicating product priorities
- Understand the competitive landscape for data analytics and data science products and validate market opportunities
- Drive product launches, working collaboratively across tech, sales, and marketing to ensure our public messaging aligns with the product strategy
- Graduate degree in computer science, data science, business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market enablers (e.g. partnership models, subscription models, etc.)
- Product management certifications
- Hands-on experience working for or with multiple cloud providers and their related components; experience with digital platforms a plus
- Hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of various data or data science technologies/methods; hands-on experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- 3+ years product management experience
- Have demonstrated the ability to gather and synthesize market and customer signals to build a requirements document to guide software development
- Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- Experience with managing the development of products for software developers or data scientists, and has demonstrated the ability to bring a product to market
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products, Data Science and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to support an evolving product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with strategic and technical personalities
- US work authorization required
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.