What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
- Recognize government initiatives where Civis software and consulting services can deliver value.
- Identify key stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers in state, local and federal government agencies.
- Work with Civis public sector team to strategically network within local and federal government agencies.
- Perform targeted outreach through email, phone and other mediums.
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads through a strategic touch plan to generate additional interest in Civis and qualify for a potential opportunity.
- Support sales process by coordinating with other Civis departments such as legal, marketing and delivery.
- Track activities through Salesforce.com
Template: We are currently seeking a Business Development Associate to help scale our public sector business. As a Business Development Associate, you will play a central role in moving our sales process forward by recognizing government initiatives that Civis software and consulting services can deliver value, identifying and making initial contact with key government stakeholders and influencers, and working with other Civis departments such as marketing, legal and delivery. You will also work with Business Development Managers providing strategic sales support functions. Civis uses Salesforce CRM to coordinate across roles. A strong understanding of Salesforce best practices will be important in your success.
- Relevant work and/or internship experience with government entities
- Relevant work and/or internship experience with qualitative/quantitative research, data analytics or open-source software.
- Desire to pursue sales with public sector clients as a career
- Ability to take direction/feedback while being coached/mentored by a more senior seller
- Demonstrated success interacting with people by phone and in writing
- Proven ability to lead conversations using effective persuasive tactics
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles associated with prospecting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a positive attitude through adversity
- Experience with or ability to learn web applications such as Salesforce.com and LinkedIn
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, social sciences, or related fields
- Effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- US work authorization
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.