What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help progressive organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your organization forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so progressive organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
The Solution Architecture team implements, configures and manages the delivery of Civis Analytics’ data science software to ensure successful user adoption and high organizational impact. They also support software sales, leading demos, POCs, and scoping complex software deliveries as a part of ‘team sport’ sales business development efforts.
As a part of this team, we are looking for a Solution Architect who will be responsible for guiding our clients through successful delivery and onboarding of leading data science software solutions. The Solution Architect specializes in partnering with new clients to solve their toughest problems through our software - taking them from novices to power users.
- Become an expert in the implementation and application of Civis data science software solutions.
- Work with clients to deeply understand their workflows, their biggest pain points, and develop an understanding of how Civis solutions can solve key challenges they are facing to accomplish their goals.
- Communicate and manage project scope and timelines to clients for delivering software to solve these challenges.
- Configure Civis data science software solutions for our clients in partnership with a diverse team of Civis Applied Data Scientists and/or Data Engineers and Client Success Analysts.
- Manage client onboardings and lead training sessions on Civis software to ensure our clients are able to accomplish their goals through our software.
- Use your experiences with clients to channel their voice to Civis Product and Engineering teams and advocate for our clients to derive more value, more quickly from our software.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 1 year, 2 years preferred, experience in a software implementation role, and a proven track record of driving projects to successful completion, on time and on budget
- Experience coordinating a cross-functional project team
- Experience deriving value from data beyond Excel/spreadsheets
- US work authorization
- Experience with or exposure to nonprofit organizations and the challenges they face
- Experience setting up software integrations and or data/ETL workflows
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL, Python, or R - can troubleshoot and/or make customizations to existing code written by others
- Understanding of systems architecture and ability to execute against it
- Experience in software training
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech company focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.