What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
Civis is seeking a data enthusiast and creative problem-solver who wants to build and apply skills in support of nonprofit groups leveraging data and technology to make a bigger impact on the world.
In this role, you will use your skills in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization to help nonprofit organizations better understand who their supporters are and how to engage with those supporters. You will work on a cross-functional team of Applied Data Scientists, Solution Architects, and Data Engineers to create products and tools that empower decision makers in organizations around the world.
- Primary responsibility is to implement reporting pipelines and prepare dashboards to fulfill client needs
- Validate analysis and client deliverables against user requirements
- Prepare client facing documentation, including data dictionaries
- Manage simultaneous workstreams, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines while identifying areas for efficiency gains
- Collaborate with clients and client-facing teams to define user requirements for analytical products, developing fundraising and email engagement data expertise along the way
- Work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, data engineers, and solution architects to create insightful analyses and tools that empower decision makers
- Travel requirements: < 10%
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and demonstrated organizational abilities.
- Experience performing quantitative analysis.
- Experience using Tableau or other data visualization software.
- Proficiency with SQL or other query languages to access and transform data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- US work authorization.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (statistics, math, economics, physics, engineering, business, political or social science, computer science, etc.)
- Practical understanding of statistical methods, machine learning, and/or causal inference.
- Experience using Python or other scripting languages to access and transform data.
- Nonprofit experience or experience working with fundraising or email engagement data.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- Modern office, conveniently located in the Loop. Close to public transportation, great restaurants and beautiful city views.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.