What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver the appropriate product - whether that's technology or slide decks - to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
The Director of Applied Data Science, Nonprofit will understand how to build Civis’ strategy to help nonprofits adopt a data, analytics and technology-first approach for the 21st century. They’ll work collaboratively with existing and new clients, partner with outside organizations to raise the awareness of Civis to gain buy-in of what is necessary to operate in the sector and, most importantly, deliver on the promise of supporting how nonprofit groups can leverage data and technology to make a bigger impact on the world.
In this role the Director will be responsible for:
- Building an inclusive and equitable culture in which team members feel valued and are rewarded, retained and developed in their roles and career paths.
- Developing and executing a vision for how Civis can continue to build upon its legacy of supporting nonprofit organizations around the world.
- Navigating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with current external partners to provide seamless coordination resulting in the opportunity to expand the Civis profile through broad and diverse engagements.
- Creating and maintaining a staffing, resourcing and development roadmap of how to ensure client milestones are being met as well as expanding current accounts.
- Liaising with cross-functional teams to facilitate and drive elements of Civis’ product/services roadmap to serve or anticipate nonprofit client needs.
- Generating and maintaining senior/C-level stakeholder relationships with current and prospective clients through scoping how services and software could improve their analytic, research and technology operations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A strong foundation in statistics and data analytics to solve real-world business challenges.
- Experience writing proposals and presenting in front of key organization business leaders.
- Experience managing teams to complete products within scope and on time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality analytic work to decision-makers.
- Experience advising or working within nonprofit organizations.
- US work authorization.
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject (e.g. statistics, economics, business, public policy, etc.).
- Experience in business development or fundraising settings a plus.
- Experience in consulting a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL and/or statistical packages (R, Python, STATA, etc.).
- 7-10 years in data science, consulting, data, nonprofit or related fields.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.