What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
Product teams at Civis work closely with Engineering, Design, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing teams to develop and launch new products and features.
As a PM on our Platform team, you will:
- Develop a clear product vision, strategy, and roadmap that works back from user problems
- Actively build relationships with business owners, delivery owners, and technical subject matter experts to deliver on your product roadmap
- Write clear, detailed specs and unblock your team so they can execute
- Be a strong voice for your team, managing expectations with stakeholders across the company and proactively communicating feature releases
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market to solve real problems with data and technology
- 3+ years product management or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders, including leadership, to ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills, clear and concise communication, and the ability to target your message to specific audiences
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations; you can identify and quickly act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instructions
- Ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example; you do not delegate what you would not do yourself and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves up to finish a project without help
- Proven ability to deliver results; you have shipped products and measured the success of these products
- US work authorization required
- Product management experience in a startup, or demonstrated experience managing projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of agile product development and life-cycle management processes
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.