What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
Civis is seeking a creative problem-solver who wants to use data to tackle some of the toughest challenges facing our communities. In this role, you will use your skills in data management, analysis, and visualization to help cities, states, and federal government use data to improve citizen services and outcomes. You will work on a cross-functional team of Applied Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Data Engineers to create products and tools that empower decision makers in all levels of government.
- Primary responsibility is to design and create dashboards and reports to fulfill client needs
- Validate analysis results and client deliverables against user requirements
- Work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to create insightful analyses and tools that empower decision makers
- Collaborate with clients and client-facing teams to define user requirements for analytical products
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Travel requirements: < 5%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Experience performing quantitative analysis
- Proficiency with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience using SQL, Python or other query and scripting languages to access and transform data
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- US work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (statistics, math, economics, physics, engineering, business, political or social science, computer science, etc.)
- Practical understanding of statistical methods, machine learning, and/or causal inference
- Familiarity with Agile project environments
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.