What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a Team Lead of Client Success, who will be managing a group of Client Success Analysts and the Tier 1 support team. This role maintains the balance between the reactive support of client tickets and proactive, technically-specialized support. You will be responsible for innovating & setting best practices and ensuring the teams deliver a best in class experience for our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Work as part of the Civis Analytics cross-functional team to ensure the success of our clients and guarantee their requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead a team by guiding the development of team members and their career paths, answering questions and acting as an escalation point, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, providing real-time feedback, and advocating for team needs.
- Be responsible for ensuring requests are escalated properly and the proper stakeholders are included within a time-sensitive environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Work with members of the product and engineering teams to train Client Success Analysts in specialized areas of our products, and ensure they bring the voice of the customer to software development practices on a regular basis.
- Ensure the systems and processes exist that allow our team to proactively expand customer use of our products through event-driven critical path monitoring and action planning as well as optimize internal routing, gameplanning, the development of internal tools, and triaging strategies.
- Act as a subject matter expert and advocate in product stakeholder meetings to ensure we are building solutions to reduce client tickets through the development of quality software
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years supporting and driving external client success with software solutions
- 5+ years of direct management experience over a team with a focus on client success or technical support
- Experience coaching team members using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and career development planning
- Technically capable with basic SQL, log data analysis, and basic navigation inside a unix/linux environment
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk or Salesforce including administration, reporting, and process setting
- Demonstrated success understanding client challenges and needs, and mapping them to solutions and action
- Interest in and ability to master new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to message and mitigate client frustrations
- Flexibility with working hours to support client in various timezones
- US work authorization
- Experience with Python, R or Tableau
- Experience in software training and/or onboarding
- Experience advocating for and driving diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.