What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a standout Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join our team and take ownership of our financial and operational data. We are a lean and tight knit team which allows for a lot of project ownership and collaboration. We're looking for self starters who will be champions for company wide data accuracy and quality. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who will thrive in our fast-paced, start-up culture where no job is too small and everyone is willing to pitch in to get the job done.
- Act as the owner and source of the source of truth for company-wide financial and operational data
- Maintain and improve financial and operating metric reporting dashboards
- Perform monthly variance analysis, highlighting trends and investigating underlying financial drivers
- Prepare financial reporting packages for shareholders and Board of Directors
- Own budget tracking and communication with business leads
- Support ad-hoc reporting requests to support fundraising efforts and leadership requests
- Drive continuous improvement in Financial processes
- Support accounting team with month end close
- 4-6+ years of experience in a financial reporting role, preferably within finance or accounting in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced MS Excel skills (Logical Formulas, Lookups, Pivot Tables)
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- An eye for the details and the ability to deliver accurate output in a timely manner
- The ability to synthesize analysis of large data sets into impactful summaries
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with managing multiple work streams
- Knowledge of SQL a plus, not required
- US work authorization
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.