What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a Sales Operations Analyst & Proposal Coordinator who will support the growing Public Sector and Nonprofit sales teams at Civis. We are looking for someone with high energy, great organizational and writing skills, and an eagerness to learn about how analytics can help governments and nonprofits improve service delivery.
This role will be focused on finding, responding to and managing the RFP response process with state, local, and federal organizations, while also supporting sales operations and account management in Salesforce CRM. The person in this role will provide excellent writing, editing, and coordination that will produce persuasive proposals that win new projects for Civis. This role sits on the Sales Operations team and works closely with the public sector and nonprofit sales teams.
- Proposal Coordination and Writing: 60%
- Coordinate and organize the proposal response process
- Research potential leads, clients, competitors, and teaming partners
- Work with technical staff and business development to update and maintain project descriptions, resumes, and other stock materials for the proposal process
- Write non-technical portions of proposals, and edit technical sections authored by technical teams
- Provide formatting, graphic/layout assistance to proposal documentation
- Sales Operations: 40%
- Provide support for the marketing and business development efforts of the Public Sector and Nonprofit Teams, and the broader team as needed
- Dedicated resource for assigned teams to support the maintenance and accuracy of pipelines in Salesforce, and provide support to improve the selling process and lead funnel management to meet sales attainment goals
- Supports broader team needs for CRM data cleanliness and usability that affect business projections and reporting
- Provides operational sales process and pricing support
- BA/BS degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Technical writing experience for RFP responses a plus
- Salesforce experience a bonus
- Structured problem-solver
- Detail-oriented self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
- US work authorization
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.