About the Team
Civis’s political team is the world’s leading practice for progressive data analytics tooling and consulting. Our political R&D group is seeking a Senior Strategist to join our team of data scientists and consultants in New York City.
The political R&D group is a special unit within Civis focused on developing cutting-edge analytic products for some of our largest and most sophisticated progressive clients. We focus on informing complex, $100 M+ electoral efforts, to ensure critical campaign funds are directed to the right places, use the best messages, and reach targets where they are.
The Senior Strategist's role will be to serve as a trusted adviser to client leadership teams, translating insights from data science into actionable advice for campaign decision-makers.
This is an opportunity to inform political campaigns on the biggest stage, backed by the expertise of a team of PhD data scientists and the outputs of industry-leading analytics tools. If you’re looking for a way to have a big impact on the 2020 election, this is it.
About the Role
As a Senior Strategist in our NYC office, you serve as the link between the leaders of some of the largest progressive organizations in the country and the industry's leading data scientists and analytics tools. You will play a key role in instilling data-driven decision-making into everything these organizations do, informing strategic decisions with potentially tide-shifting effects, and ensuring the movement overall continues to learn and experiment.
Your day-to-day will vary from the design and delivery of client presentations, onsite work with organizations to educate them on best-practice analytic techniques and use of recently developed self-service tools, project management across teams and multiple stakeholders, and participation in the design of the next line of our political products. An ideal applicant will have excellent communication skills, quantitative acumen, and a passion for progressive politics.
We are looking for individuals from a diversity of backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative, problem-solving, and client advisory skills. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Three to six years of work experience in politics, consulting, or another analytical field
- Experience with quantitative thinking and familiarity with basic statistical concepts
- Passion for progressive politics
- Project management skills, including capabilities to drive efforts independently, and ensure effective implementation
- Ability to coordinate efforts across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership ability and record of impact in high-intensity, team-based environments with people of a range of working styles
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, for both conceptual and analytical problems
- Values-based, collaborative working style with a demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with reasonable ability to use common software tools for word processing, presentation, and spreadsheets (especially Google Docs and Sheets)
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.