What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
As a Product Designer at Civis...
You’ll work collaboratively with engineers, data scientists, and product managers in a new category of software. You’ll be welcomed by coworkers who focus on function over form and who will value your ability to shape how we present ourselves through great software interfaces.
You will build incredible user experiences and a best-in-class user interface...
Here, you will use wireframes, design specs, and other tools in your design arsenal. You'll be working on a variety of design challenges and will be involved in early stage research, ideation, implementation, and iteration. At Civis, you will get to help shape the future of big data and work with wicked smart and passionate people. You’ll drive constant innovation and great interaction from concept through production.
Join us & help build the first great data science software platform!
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, a related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Conversant in front-end technologies: CSS and HTML
- Experience in practicing a user-centered design approach to B2B software products
- Experience designing and conducting user studies and usability testing
- Strong proficiency with design related software (Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- 3+ years experience in UI/UX product design
- A portfolio of representative work demonstrating the above skills
- US work authorization required
- Previous experience bringing a new software product to market
- Experience in data visualization and/or background in scientific/data fields
- Front end development skills
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.