Here’s what we’re looking for
The Political Team at Civis Analytics works closely with candidates, independent political organizations, and advocacy groups to provide strategic insights about elections up and down the ballot.
Civis’ objective this year and next is simple: we want every political client organization to be data-driven and digital first.
Our team is at work developing new message testing methods to help campaigns connect with voters, launching self service analytics tools to help prioritize outreach and resource allocations, and continuously improving the accuracy of our polls to ensure we are predicting outcomes earlier.
As a Product Manager, you will work with our growing Engineering, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing teams to drive the conception, development, and launch of new products and to enhance existing products in the political market.
If you love the cross section of technology, analytics, and voter engagement, then you will love working with us. We work hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers.
We are looking for product managers/leads to guide the development of our suite of political forecasting products, help us develop new ones, as well as gather feedback from our customers on what else we could develop.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- 3+ years product management experience
- Have demonstrated the ability to gather and synthesize market and customer signals to build a requirements document to guide software development. Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- Experience with managing the development of products for software developers or data scientists, and has demonstrated the ability to bring a product to market
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products, Data Science and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to support an evolving product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with strategic and technical personalities
- US work authorization required
- Graduate degree in computer science, data science, business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market enablers (e.g. partnership models, subscription models, etc.)
- Product management certifications
- Hands-on experience working for or with multiple cloud providers and their related components; experience with digital platforms a plus
- Hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of various data or data science technologies/methods; hands-on experience a plus
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing startup working with cutting edge technology focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits; including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental and vision benefits
- Downtown open concept office environment near many great restaurants and public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.