Here’s what we’re looking for:
Civis Analytics is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join its DC-based political technology team.
This team will build the next generation of data science technology for Democratic and progressive organizations, and Senior Engineers will play the principal leadership role on the team. They will report to the DC Technology lead.
Civis’ objective this year and next is simple: we want every political client organization to be data-driven and digital first. Here’s how you’d help:
First, the Civis platform is the technology of record for hundreds of in-house data scientists and analysts across the progressive movement. We seek to extend the feature set and capabilities to help these users quickly and self-reliantly accomplish their missions through data.
Second, Civis is building new digital technologies to help campaigns make the transition to digital outreach. It’s 2019 after all. We’re building the measurement, execution, and attribution tools to help these campaigns measure, target, and spend their dollars effectively and transparently through digital tools.
Below are more details, and the application. Even if you want to just hear more, let us know by emailing email@example.com and we’ll quickly get on the phone with you to discuss more.
Role and Responsibilities:
Senior Software Engineers at Civis amplify the contributions of their colleagues by leading engineering teams or tackling our hardest, riskiest, or most complex technical projects. Depending on interest, roles for senior engineers may focus on team leadership or individual contribution; either way we’re looking for judgment, ownership, and autonomy. At Civis, you will be responsible for making good choices about technical questions, and also about what technical projects are worth pursuing.
We trust engineers from all over our team to pick the right architecture, library, or framework for the job at hand. Engineers collaborate across departments with our data scientists and analysts who are not only the best and brightest in their fields, but are also eager to teach and learn from you. We are smart, fun, and a little bit weird. Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer/engineer, including experience taking a leading role in significant technical projects
- Experience building complex web applications with modern languages and frameworks
- Comfort building on top of relational databases and fluency in querying them with SQL
- Demonstrated devotion to problem-solving
- An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and mentor others
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- A passion for progressive politics
- Significant experience with several of the following:
- Leading technical teams
- Project management and/or UI/UX design
- Python, Ruby, and/or Go (golang)
- Progressive technology and data
- Designing and building APIs
- Query optimization, database administration, analytics databases, and/or NoSQL
- Scaling and ensuring reliability of large SaaS applications
- Automated software testing and continuous integration
- Cloud application deployment and monitoring
- Proficiency working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data visualization for the web (using D3 or similar)
- React or AngularJS
- Statistics and predictive modeling (using tools like pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy,R)
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing startup working with cutting edge technology focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits; including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental and vision benefits
- Downtown open concept office environment near many great restaurants and public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.