About the Company
At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations must build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems.
We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies build a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best brands do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, data-driven growth marketer with stellar communication skills to help lead our rapidly growing and enthusiastic marketing team. Candidates should have experience in and passion for strong POV content driven demand gen, growth and marketing automation and a track record of measurable success. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), you will lead a team using a data-driven and education-based content approach to help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. As part of a rapidly growing technology and data science company with high demand for our analytics software and solutions, you will take ownership and responsibility for product marketing, digital marketing and campaigns and communications and events that all drive demand.
The mission for Civis’s marketing function is to position the organization as experts in the Data Science and Analytics space and drive qualified leads through the disciplined placement of education-based content, speakers, and events participation. You will have to be innovative in your approach and eager to use internal expertise to find and share the stories and targeting approaches that set Civis aside from the market.
- Build a world-class lead generation strategy that leverages our high-quality content assets
- Collaborate with product management on product marketing strategies, including: case studies, sales enablement collateral, and educational-based POV pieces and white papers
- Lead the building of digital content that tells our story the right way and optimizes to accomplish corporate goals
- Build and manage email marketing and lead nurturing campaigns
- Manage SEO, paid, and social media promotional campaigns through the appropriate channels
- Work with team to identify and manage Public Relations and speaking opportunities
- Collaborate with product teams on competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Own marketing data reporting in collaboration with sales ops team
- Work with internal and external design teams, providing creative direction as needed on projects
- Manage vendor negotiation and management
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing related field
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience with technology, data and/or analytics centric product
- 3+ years of recent brand, consumer and/or media marketing industry experience
- Experience in managing lead generation programs, including direct email campaigns
- Passion for marketing automation using programs like Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot and/or Hubspot
- A data geek’s love for metrics, and experience in creating useful results reporting
- Broad marketing discipline and significant product marketing experience
- Ability to build and manage a team
- Vendor management and outsourcing experience required
- Autonomous and self-driven
- Attention to details with high quality standards
- Proven cross-functional leader and motivator
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Quick learner who picks up new technologies with ease