What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
Do you have a passion for automation, building high performance technology, and sweating the details? Civis Analytics is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team!
At Civis Analytics, we're building a data science platform, making cutting-edge machine learning and predictive modeling techniques available to a broad audience. The DevOps team delivers, maintains, and evolves the infrastructure that makes all of this possible. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be a key player, helping us create scalable infrastructure-as-code using cutting edge tools. You should have networking and security experience, be familiar with cloud infrastructure, and DevOps best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer/engineer or equivalent work exposure
- Experience working with either AWS or GCP services such as compute, databases, VPCs, networking, permissioning and storage
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, etc.)
- Comfortable with Python and Bash
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery services
- Experience with containerized code deployment
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols
- Interest and ability to master new technologies
- Experience managing large cloud infrastructures
- Experience scaling and ensuring reliability of large SaaS or PaaS applications
- Experience with orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience with security, systems, or application monitoring and metrics
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.