Civic Eagle helps organizations more effectively advocate for public policy changes with a bleeding-edge product that is backed by our proprietary civic data and analytics. We are a diverse team guided by a vision to improve democracy and increase transparency. We provide services to hundreds of public policy advocacy organizations, Fortune 1000 corporations, and millions of people looking to engage in democracy.
We've recently raised our $10M Series A round: this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company backed by blue-chip investors.
We are looking for a passionate and results-driven Sales Development Representative. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of driving expansion into the top of the funnel. This is a great opportunity to get into the early stage of a revenue organization. We envision this role developing into an Account Executive position or an SDR leadership position in the next 12-18 months. The right person will be able to balance several initiatives at once. If you enjoy diversity in your day to day activities and finding a way to win in challenging situations, we encourage you to apply.
This will be a career-defining and memorable experience for you if you:
- Believe in our mission of improving democracy and increasing transparency
- Can find creative ways to be successful in multiple areas.
- Are detail oriented but always have an eye on the larger picture and bigger vision
- Are interested in shaping the vision, strategy, and culture of Civic Eagle
What you will do:
- Run cold outreach campaigns for multiple verticals and segments within our ideal client profile.
- Respond to inbound leads that are a quality fit for the business with speed and professionalism.
- Deliver compelling messaging to prospective clients that resonates and engages with their current challenges.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual targets.
- Can consistently maintain systems of record.
- Report successes and challenges on a regular basis to upper management.
- Ability to contribute across the business and do “whatever is needed” for success
- Can learn and adapt to new concepts quickly. This will likely be a new space for you. We need you to understand the multiple universes that we operate within in a short time frame.
The right person for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline
- Excellence in time management. The role will require wearing a lot of different hats. The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple initiatives at once.
- Is competitive. We want someone who can be a good teammate but also has a drive to be at the top of the leaderboard.
- Experience with various SaaS sales tech (Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Upholds our company values: We put people first. We believe in transparency. We are audacious thinkers and doers.
- Has experience and a willingness to work in a remote-first, distributed team.
Compensation and Benefits
- $45,000-$55,000 salary dependent upon location and experience
- Uncapped commissions in addition to base salary dependent upon performance
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- High-trust remote working environment & free co-working space
- Flexible work hours - unlimited Your Time Off (YTO)
- Paid family leave
- Professional development stipend
Civic Eagle is on a mission to use technology to promote better democratic outcomes. It starts with providing better access to information about the policies that impact us. We believe that by making public policy more accessible and transparent, we can start to make changes to the way that communities and organizations advocate for themselves. We envision a world where people are heard and communities are genuinely served. We have the unique opportunity to use today’s advancements in technology to make this a reality. We'd love for you to join us on this mission!
What do our products do?
- Surface all proposed laws across state and federal governments
- Enable users to track, tag, and annotate proposed laws, so they can take action
- Notify users about changes and related proposals that they might otherwise miss
- Facilitate collaboration within teams and organizations to make advocacy more powerful
- Provide a foundation of open civic data to academics, journalists, and the public
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Civic Eagle is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Individuals seeking employment at Civic Eagle are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, physical or mental abilities, social-economic background, political affiliation, thinking styles, life experiences, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.