Pay Range: $87,354 - $113,561 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, April 13, 2023
***Sign-On Incentive of $8,000****
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Development Services department. The Stormwater Development Services (SDS) team is seeking a Senior Professional Engineer with experience in drainage design, floodplain management and analysis, and private development plan preparation and review. The SDS team works to safeguard citizens and resources and guide sustainable development while promoting quality growth. The SDS team is a part of the Stormwater Management & Development Services Division of the Transportation & Public Works Department. We serve the City by reviewing stormwater management plans, floodplain development permits, and storm drain construction plans associated with private development projects in the City of Fort Worth at its Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ). We review for conformance to City drainage design and floodplain management criteria as it relates hydraulics, hydrology, and construction standards.
The successful candidate would fulfill a leadership role; providing guidance and direction to other engineers, technicians and consultant review staff. While the work is technical in nature, there is a heavy focus on providing exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate for this job would possess high emotional intelligence, display empathy for customer’s needs, and exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate would be responsible for helping the SDS team deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Responsibilities would also include supporting the engineering manager by elevating only the most critical issues, providing recommendations and implementing viable solutions for both technical and customer issues, and process improvements. As a part of your role on the SDS team, you would coordinate and communicate with Fort Worth citizens, the development community, outside agencies, and internal City departments.
Hybrid work arrangements may be available, with up to two days per week remote, after completing the initial six-month probationary period.
This Position qualifies for the following incentives which is separate from the base pay:
- Sign-On Incentive of $8,000
- Student Loan Repayment Program in the amount of $5,200
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two (2) years must relate to drainage and grading design, floodplain permitting, infrastructure design, or review of private development projects.
- Possession of current registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, then continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six (6) months of employment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas driver’s license.
- Able to pass a drug screening and criminal background check.
- A strong history of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Ability to effectively self-manage competing priorities, work independently under the direction of an Engineering Manager, and produce deliverables on time and within budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and effectively.
- Two (2) years or more experience in the area of Stormwater or Water Resources Engineering. For example: drainage and grading design, stormwater system modelling and planning, floodplain modelling, or subdivision infrastructure design experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Pro, and geographic information systems (GIS)
- Proficiency with industry standard hydraulic and hydrologic modelling software. For example: HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8, EPA SWMM, XP-SWMM, PondPack, etc.
- Experience with FEMA regulations and floodplain permitting.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.