Pay Range: $15 - $18.43/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, March 30, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
Multiple Community Center Aide positions are available with the City of Fort Worth Neighborhood Services Department. These positions will assist with programs and activities at a community center. These are part-time positions working with youth and adult programs and it requires the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- These are part-time positions working 19 - 20 hours (positions with 20 hrs. offer partial benefits); with opportunity to earn additional hours.
- Work Schedule varies, some weekends and evenings required.
- Como Community Center, 4660 Horne St;
- North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave;
- Martin Luther King Community Center, 5565 Truman Dr.
The Community Center Aide job responsibilities include:
- Perform work assisting with youth and adult programs activities.
- Serve at the front desk, greet the public, answer phones and supervise children during after school, school breaks, and summer programs.
- Assisting with set up and break down rooms for rentals, programs and facility activities.
- Helping with organizing and implementing community activities and special events
- Obtain ID cards, collect activity fees and issue receipts.
- Perform general custodial duties, i.e. keep work area/classroom clean and organized, sweep, mop, vacuum floors, dust/polish furniture and counters, collect/remove trash, clean and maintain restroom facilities.
- Travel to and from various locations may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six (6) months (1040 hours) experience in recreational, educational and/or athletic service and programs.
- Some custodial experience.
- Must be able to pass physical, drug test, and tuberculosis screening
- Possession of or the ability to obtain within first six months of employment, certifications in Adult and Child CPR/AED and First Aid (training provided).
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) knowledge.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Bilingual Skills, English/Spanish.
Requires ability to assist with maintaining facility, working with youth, transporting participants in City vehicles or accompanying participants in mass transit vehicles, preparing work area for set up and breakdown to include but not limited to, reaching, walking, repetitive motions, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling and lifting; depending on assignment.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.