Pay Range: $59,997 - $72,796 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing On: Thursday, March 30, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Project Controls Specialist II – Primavera job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Department Administration and Finance section. This position will ensure the quality of project schedules, reports, analyses and information produced through the City’s Project Controls System (Primavera-P6) for capital project programs. The ideal candidate has cross functional responsibility and proven experience with providing support to project management personnel.
The Project Controls Specialist II – Primavera job responsibilities include:
- Prepare critical path method (CPM) schedules and associated progress reporting, cost reporting, and project analysis
- Develop and maintain baseline schedules for infrastructure capital projects
- Responsible for updating and maintaining ongoing project schedules in accordance with approved work plans, long-term strategic plans, agreements and contracts
- Coordinate with Engineers, Contractors and Project Managers on development of schedules in accordance with contract requirements
- Update, monitor, review and perform quality control checks for the accuracy and integrity of all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Maintain document management processes and perform monthly reports as needed by upper management.
- Assist the Project Managers in identifying potential concerns with project delivery schedule issues and participate in the development of recovery and resolution plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or Public Administration
- Three (3) years of experience working with project scheduling, cost estimating and tracking in a capital project organization including systems such as Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project
- Experience in project controls work on infrastructure capital projects, or EPC projects using Primavera P6 software
- Experience using software such as SharePoint, E-Builder, BIM 360 and PeopleSoft
- Experience with high-volume scheduling and project cost management
- Experience and knowledge of Capital project processes and practices in public/private sectors
- CCP, PMP, SP certifications
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.